Friday, May 18, 2012

Omnium-Gatherum - May 2012

Summing up my month so far:

I saw a baby Praying Mantis looking for lunch while I was eating mine in Winchester VA.

I found out that Biscoff Spread is the tastiest stuff I've eaten in a long time:
A much quicker treat than cupcakes is just to spread it on a couple Granny Smith Apple slices.
Picked up stuff for work at Union Station in DC.
Snatched a picture of Mr. Butterfly spreading the pollen around in Kensington, MD

I made my first, and definitely not my last
batch of homemade brown sugar.
http://cannedtime.blogspot.com/2012/05/homemade-brown-sugar.html

Got lucky with my first Watermelon of the Summer and found a really sweet one! More details on a great Popsicle recipe with the rest of the Mellon coming up this month...............

 
Watched a few seconds of sunrise over Damascus, MD


Took a quick walk on Mother's Day to enjoy all the beautiful flowers out right now before
I drove down to see my Mom.
I took a walk around a Revolutionary War Memorial in Harper's Ferry WV











                                                                         Helped Floydy celebrate his 7th Birthday.......................
Found this beautiful little teapot at an Antique Shop downtown for just $5.
http://cannedtime.blogspot.com/2012/05/strawberry-honey-mustard-dipping-sauce.html
I created a Canned Time website at iHerb to get my readers $5 off on their first orders
And today after I finished my work, I walked around some Antique Shops in an Old restored historical area south of DC called Occoquan and didn't buy a single thing!   Yea......
But I did get some great pics........for free.

The good news is I only have 4 more days of work today and I'll have 7 days off to rest and cook and whatever else suits my time.  Maybe not getting up at 4 am for a start, can't wait!

Anyone have anything different or fun going on in their life right now?
Anyone have time off coming up?  What time do you have to get up for work?

Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...