Friday, November 4, 2011

Sprouted Whole Wheat Bread


I've been using Wheat berries for my Rejuvelac (  http://cannedtime.blogspot.com/2011/10/rejuvelac-taking-smoothies-to-their-max.html )and hate wasting the soaked berries so I've used them here for a wonderfully nutritious Whole Wheat Bread.  The Wheat sprouts are not at perfect nutrition because they bake over 115 deg. but they're still better than wasting them.  After I poured off the liquid Rejuvelac, I put the leftover wheat berries in a baggie and froze them until I was ready for the bread.


Ingredients:

2 1/2 Cups Organic Whole Wheat Flour                                    
1/2 Cup Vital Wheat Gluten
1 Cup Spelt Flour
1 Cup Sprouted Wheat Berries dried after last rinsing           
1 tsp salt
2 1/2 Tbs. Honey
2 Tbs. room temp. butter
2 1/2 tsp. quick rise yeast

Bake in bread maker per your machines specifications for Quick Rise Wheat Bread, add the Wheat Berries in after the dough is smooth in the first few minutes of mixing.  This recipe is for a 2 Lbs. loaf.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...