Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Dark Chocolate Salty Bark

There are sooooo many varieties of chocolate bars at health food stores these days you'd think that I could find a perfect mix.  But no, I had to come home and mix up my own version.  Glad I did.  This mix is great and very low GI.  Enjoy!


Slowly melt about 1 cup of Extra Dark chocolate chips in a bowl.  I did mine in the microwave.  Pour about half the melted chocolate into a shallow flat plastic container, I used a rectangular chinese food container lid and it worked great with the slight sides to hold the chocolate in.
Sprinkle nuts, salt and seeds over the chocolate and the add the last of the melted chocolate over the nuts spreading it gently to cover the seeds.  Cool in the fridge and then cut or break into pieces.  Store in a covered container or foil.  


Recipe:
1 cup dark chocolate chips (72% cocoa)
1 tsp. coarse sea salt
1/3 cup sun flower seed
1 Tbs. sesame seeds
pinch of chili powder
pinch of chia seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...