Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Dandelion Greens Strawberry Salad


A quick dinner tonight.  Really hectic work week but I have to get some good greens in me.
Nothing better than freshly picked Dandelion greens with big beautiful Strawberries and a light vinaigrette.http://cannedtime.blogspot.com/2012/04/nunaturals-liquid-stevia-orange-lemon.html





Dandelion greens are wonderful for their


anti-inflammatory

qualities as well as diuretic and a


host of


good nutrition to boot. 




I tried like crazy last year to grow my own...........never thought it would be so hard since they're  a weed right?  But I never did succeed at getting any to get bigger than a couple inches in any confined soil.  So I get them at the health food store or forage away for fresh uncontaminated ones.  The tiny little new leaves that are growing right now here are the best for salad.
Mustard Dill Cucumber & Orange Relish

I used the last of the vinaigrette I made up for

Averie's Mustard Dill Cucumber & Orange Relish from Averie Cooks and it worked perfectly with the strawberries sweetness and the spicy mustard seed.




Make sure you gather your fresh dandelion leaves from an area you are Certain hasn't had any chemical spray for at least the last 2 years.  And wash your leaves thoroughly.

Definitely will be making this one again.


Be sure to get your entries in for the NuNatural's Orange and Lemon Stevia giveaway soon, contest ends Sunday!


Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...