Friday, March 23, 2012

Red Grapefruit Marmalade



I found this cute little tea set today at the Asian market.  $4.99 for the steeper and the little bowls were just .89 so I picked up two of those for
dipping bowls.                                                                     
   Not sure why porcelain was so inexpensive but......

 So I needed something sweet to put in my little tea steeper since I don't normally drink "tea".  I thought it would work nicely for jam, or marmalade in this case.                                                                            
Grapefruit Marmalade with Lime Slices is what I settled on this time.

The recipe is straight from the Ball Blue Preserving Book that is available almost anywhere that sells canning jars and such.  Kmart, Amazon, tons of places have it but here's the recipe / minus the lime slices I threw in the lime to use some I had on hand up before they spoiled.  I added 1 Lime sliced in place of the Grapefruit peel listed in the recipe. 


 Used 2 large Red Grapefruit which gave me over 2 1/2 Cups of juice / pulp. 
Pretty straight forward fruit marmalade, boiling the fruit to reduce: 

Then you just wait until the sugar thickens the fruit enough to taste like Marmalade. 



Try it. Canning is not as hard as it might seem.  And the results are worth the effort!


Enjoy..........




Follow Me on Pinterest

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...