DirectionsWith rubber gloves on:
Clean, destem and dry 10 - 15 Habanero Peppers. Remove seeds to reduce the heat.
- Take a sterilized canning jar (I use 8 oz canning jars) and fill half way up with honey.
- Stuff as many pepper halves as you can into the jar, taking care not to trap air.
- Fill the the rest of the jar with honey and put on lid tightly. Don't worry about the seal, you'll be opening it again before you're done.
- Vibrate the jar(s) to allow any trapped air to get to the top (I put my jars on top of the washer during the spin cycle).
- Allow to sit for 2 or 3 days.
- Open the jars to release any trapped air/outgassing from the peppers, reseal and store in a cool dry place